- Provisional death data is subject to change and is updated every Sunday at approximately 7:20 pm. Once final data is posted for a data year, that data does not change.
- In this system, if there are no values for the field selected, it will not be displayed.
- Starting with 2003 deaths, the sum of the deaths from all counties may not equal the total number of resident deaths due to an unknown county of residence on some records.
- For HIV deaths, only county-level geography is displayed.
- Where 99999999999 is used as a census tract, it is unknown.
- Use caution when interpreting rates based on small numbers of events. Rates are
considered unstable if they are based on fewer than 5 events or if the denominator
(population at risk) is fewer than 20. Use of this tool is for analytical and statistical
- HIV/AIDS, Suicide, and Pediatric AIDS data is not available for zipcodes
- The total on reports displaying Leading Causes of Death will not match the sum of rankable causes shown on the report.